When someone emotionally hurts you but you have to act like you don’t care.
Nowadays the princesses all know kung fu, and yet they’re still the same princesses. They’re still love interests, still the one girl in a team of five boys, and they’re all kind of the same. They march on screen, punch someone to show how they don’t take no shit, throw around a couple of one-liners or forcibly kiss someone because getting consent is for wimps, and then with ladylike discretion they back out of the narrative’s way.
On the posters they’re posed way in the back of the shot behind the men, in the trailers they may pout or smile or kick things, but they remain silent. Their strength lets them, briefly, dominate bystanders but never dominate the plot. It’s an anodyne, a sop, a Trojan Horse - it’s there to distract and confuse you, so you forget to ask for more."
— Sophia McDougall (via sweet-phi)
"ARE WE REALLY HITTING ON EACH OTHER RIGHT NOW OR ARE WE KIDDING?!!" The Musical.
[ Another Movie Observation ]
((I was watching this scene and noticed that Baby Tooth actually looks like she’s saying words. So from watching her mouth, this is what I think she’s saying.))
I imagined Baby Tooth saying that in Jack’s Sister’s voice. Is that a bad thing or a good thing?
Baby Tooth/Jack’s sister was begging Jack because she didn’t want to lose Jack again.
STOP RIGHT THERE YOUNGIN’
AS IF THIS NEEDED TO GET ANY MORE SAD THAN IT WAS
She looks like her, too.
Your telling me she looks like a bird tsk tsk.
I’m telling you they resemble each other. Eyes, face shape, mouth. You know, just different nose and species. lol
I don’t think that’s all a coincidence. *shrugs*
Oh my fucking god
Animated cuties touching their hair (◡‿◡✿)
i like this but i don’t fully understand it…
you don’t understand how sad this is. each adult is a cross, and each child has been crucified by said cross.
- the priest (i assume he’s a priest, correct me if i’m wrong) killed the little boy in one way or another, probably rape, which is common among corrupted clergy men.
- the tourist comes to an overcrowded, poverty stricken country, taking up any and all resources that could have gone to the little native girl
- the soldier comes to fight for his country, but ends up killing the innocent girl, probably in her village.
- the little boy dies under the doctor’s knife
- the man kills the little girl in a school shooting (represented with the uniform)
- the “fat” kid is killed by obesity caused by a fast food epidemic in america, most commonly mcdonald’s, shown by ronald mcdonald himself.
this is /haunting/ to look at. children can die at anyone’s hand. even the “heros”
Catching Fire - Book parts
IM FREAKING OUT AND NO ONE UNDERSTANDS HHHH
AND THE CUSHIONS FIT WHAT KIND OF QUADRANTS THEY’RE IN TOO AAHHH
Sometimes I feel like tumblr users have never seen a deck of fucking cards before.
sometimes i think the homestuck fandom hasnt ever seen a deck of cards